Monday 21 April 2014

Easter Weekend in Dubai

Its Easter and I live in a Muslim country....and yet, I have just had a 3 day weekend to celebrate! Winning.

All week long, I told myself that I was going to have a relaxing, long weekend and therefore return back to work on Monday (today) feeling totally refreshed. Wrong!

Its not my fault though.  I tried so hard to resist... but I was just led astray...

You see, Thursday night was a work event night... and so I had no choice but to go. My colleagues all love a good party and so even though I tried to refrain, (I even ordered soft drinks and bottles of water).... my colleagues quickly took my 'sensible' drink orders away and replaced them with glasses of wine... (See... NOT my fault!)




Friday saw me tanning myself at the gorgeous One&Only Beach Resort (Dubai).. and I even managed a quiet Friday night in.

However, by Saturday.... all my chilled weekend plans had gone straight out the window again...

The boyf has bagged us tickets to the IPL (Indian premier League) cricket (apparently this was meant to be a good experience to go and see) and so I went along with him and his friends... and their girlfriends (none of us girls had the slightest idea what to expect or even knew a thing about cricket! ). Anyway, we arrived in good spirits at around 1PM in preparation for the first match to start at 2.30PM. The boys got straight to drinking, but us girlies tried the sensible option of sticking to water for the simple reason that it was a sizzling 36 degrees C! However, after 3 hours into just ONE cricket match... us girlies felt that alcohol was now clearly needed (I don't think many could blame us for this). So by the time the second match ended another 3 hours later... (yes...we watched over 6 hours of cricket in one day) ....we were all rather tipsy. Not drunk, but definitely more then a little hazy!

 

...which is probably why we all then decided that we wanted to continue the drinking on elsewhere.... and so off we all went to Media One, Dek on 8 ! But with it being a Saturday night and with work being on Sunday for pretty much the rest of Dubai... the bar was quite literally dead. In fact, they even stopped serving drinks at 11PM (who Does that?!). In light of this, we all felt that we were left with no other option (in our minds) then to head to the famous Rocky B's.

Needless to say the night deteriorated from there (in an extremely drunken, hilariously, fun sort of way...a brilliant night was had) !! This also includes me lying on my boyfriends lounge mat and rolling myself up into a sausage roll.. resulting in me getting myself wrapped up so tight that I couldn't then move my arms and so I was left stuck... Yes I do this sort of thing when I am extremely drunk.... No I am never going to change.

I am sure you can imagine that come the following morning, which was in fact Easter Sunday and my extra day off for the Easter weekend, well... lets just say the day was a complete and utter write off. Basically it consisted of me moving from my boyfriends bed/ apartment back to my bed/apartment and then proceeding to fill my day with movies and endless amounts of the most fattiest and unhealthiest foods that I could get my hands on. Made me feel better though.

Today. I am full of regrets. I want the weekend all over again just so I can go back and make better decisions which involve not drinking and not eating all that I did. That way I wouldn't be sat at my desk now feeling extremely tired, and extremely hungry as I have only been able to allow myself to snack on carrot sticks all day in an attempt to make up for yesterdays binge. Ahh.. Why cant I be naturally skinny. And not have to work. Just be rich and rock up to work (a company that I would obviously own) whenever I felt like working. Other than that I wish to spend my days at the beach, shopping, seeing friends and getting my fix of exercise from a hot personal trainer. Why has this not happened to my life yet?

Anyway, I hope you all had as fun of an Easter as I did.. (and are not having to now make up for all the chocolate Easter eggs eaten, like I am currently having to do. Bollocks.)



x o x o

2 comments:

  1. The second half of the second to last paragraph - I feel you!!! I especially feel the idea of hot personal trainer, and even more...would like to actually feel hot personal trainers abs! Do let me know when this all happens xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously hehe... I think we need to make this happen now... no more hesitating or waiting. Lets quit our jobs and fly away. Get our hot, tanned beach bods and become hippies. xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment.... x

Search This Blog