Sunday 27 April 2014

From bad to good just like that...

Its a new dawn
Its a new day
Its a new life for meeeeeee...
and I'm feeling good.

I am full of good vibes today.... and do you know why?  Well, my friends... the answer is simply -
NO alcohol. I finally achieved a totally chilled and SOBER weekend, and o do I feel all the better for it! Now, don't get me wrong, I couldn't do this every weekend (as we all know I am a bit of a social butterfly and I do love a good party). However, I have seriously been lacking the odd quiet weekend of no set plans, no alcohol...  and subsequently of that no hangovers! Needless to say, I will definitely be ensuring that I do this much more regularly from now on. I feel so energized! Rarrr.

All I had to think about this weekend was simply what I wanted to do on each of the days.  If that had meant laying in bed all day, than I would have done just that, but with such brilliant sunshine.... all I craved for was to lay down beside the pools of the gorgeous One & Only Hotel and to soak up the summer heat. Just bliss.  I had just one set plan the whole weekend long, which unfortunately, just couldn't be ignored...

It was a follow up appointment to something that had happened to me in back January of this year, and without going in to it, it had been an extremely unexpected and tough time for me. Saying that, I endured through and I am genuinely fine now. However, just to be on the safe side of things... I do just need the odd check up to ensure that I am in fact all good. So I am sure you can all understand that with this appointment looming over me for the past month,  I have understandably been silently panicking  myself over the ''what ifs'' and ''what will I do'' if my check up this weekend doesn't go too well.

And so, I am sorry to say (admit) that with all my silent worrying, I have stupidly taken to smoking again (grrrr stupid, stupid girl!). Not good... and now looking back to last month I wish I had never started again, even if I did have my reasons.  Anyway, the appointment was yesterday and even though I am still waiting on my results... the time to stress and smoke has been. So here we are... Day 1 of no smoking (again). Hmm.
... Actually, to tell you the truth, I really don't feel too bad so far. I think the chilled weekend has made me so relaxed that I quite literally feel as though I could take on the world! Quitting smoking feels like a sinch right about now  and I will do this! (I am fully aware that I will most likely not be feeling like this later today or come tomorrow, but I will take this for the now!)

So for the now... I am going to desperately try to keep this momentum going, and only allow chilled, positive vibes to stay with me...This is going to help me to quit smoking and to also deal with the waiting for the outcome of my appointment. Who knew the wonders of just one relaxed weekend could bring?! I am determined to keep this feeling, and so for the rest of the week,  I will be devoting myself to quiet evenings after work, and no mid - week drinking shenanigans! Instead, I will be indulging in  some rare and stolen me time, and hopefully I will even feel energized enough that even after my 11 hour work days I can finally get back to tackling the gym also. Blimey. This may be a record changing week for me. I wonder if I can make it... no smoking and committing to gym time.....

Wish me luck !

x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.... x

Search This Blog