Wednesday 16 April 2014

Single girl no more..

So here's an update for you all.... I am in a relationship... that sounds rather mature doesn't it. Basically, I am currently no longer the single girl about the city (well at least for now anyways)....

I, myself, am not even sure how this came about. I mean, yes, I was on Tinder. But as we all know, no one ever really expects to meet anyone they actually like on Tinder. Maybe a date here or there, or even a cheeky kiss... but never anything more than that. Well, ladies and gentleman.... surprise, surprise - the darn thing actually works. I am now a Tinder statistic. That's right.. I met the boyfriend on Tinder.

We had been messaging for about 2 weeks before deciding that a date was now clearly in order. So
pushing aside any ''Tinder'' assumptions that we may have already had, we bit the bullet and arranged said date....

The night started of quite promising with drinks at The Observatory Bar - (a sophisticated bar situated on 52nd floor of a Dubai Marina Hotel that showcases panoramic views of the Dubai Marina). However, at some point through the night (when we were both clearly influenced by the alcohol) we decided that our next stop should be the Tecom club-  Rock Bottoms (think dark club, pool tables, old school music and extremely drunken banter from whoever you bump into) .. and so we dived right in and took to playing drinking games whilst gulping down Rock Bottom's famous cocktail - Bullfrogs. Needless to say... I was well and truly drunk.

 
A drunken kiss was shared and we bid our goodnights (extremely drunken good nights), but we did leave the night at that. I woke the next day to feel like I was quite literally dying, the date had been my first drinking experience since completing my ''Dry January'' and now my body was definitely feeling the shock of alcohol running through its system again. It seems the same went for the boy. Therefore we agreed that a hangover day of movies and junk food was required. Obviously.
 
So that was the start of it. We met up later that week and there on continued with our weekly dates... until we made it to official ''relationship'' status. O yes, we all know that moment... the awkward ''are we boyfriend/ girlfriend?'' moment. Someone.... sooner or later will bring it up... and o my... doesn't it just make you feel like you're twelve years old all over again. Still super cute though when that moment comes.
 
That's about it in regards to the update of my new relationship status. I have a boyfriend. We are a few months in now and so I am  over the shock of giving up my single status so...yes, currently I am very much enjoying being with someone again. Aww.
 
Anyway. That's as far as I have to say on this for the moment. But.....on a slightly side note - how fun is it dating in Dubai?!! By the way....this is a rhetorical question, because I already know the answer and the answer is BAGS OF FUN.   I am literally already planning a blog post dedicated  to writing up a list of the top dates to try in Dubai as there is just so much to do.... so watch this space.
 
x o x o 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.... x

Search This Blog